Buldhana, a hidden gem in Maharashtra, India, is a paradise for travelers seeking a unique and offbeat destination. This unexplored town offers a plethora of attractions that will leave you spellbound. From ancient temples to serene lakes, Buldhana has something for everyone. In this article, we will explore the top 8 tourist places in Buldhana that you must visit in 2023.
Attractions and Highlights
1. Lonar Crater: One of the main highlights of Buldhana is the Lonar Crater, which is the world’s third-largest crater formed by a meteorite. This geological marvel is surrounded by lush greenery and is a paradise for nature lovers.
2. Shri Gajanan Maharaj Temple: A visit to Buldhana is incomplete without seeking blessings at the Shri Gajanan Maharaj Temple. This revered temple attracts thousands of devotees every year and is known for its spiritual ambiance.
3. Khultabad Fort: History buffs will be delighted to explore the ancient Khultabad Fort. This fort is known for its architectural brilliance and provides panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes.
4. Nalganga Dam: Nestled amidst picturesque surroundings, the Nalganga Dam is a perfect spot for a day picnic. The calm and soothing atmosphere, coupled with boating facilities, makes it an ideal place to unwind and relax.
5. Akola Fort: Located near Buldhana, the Akola Fort is another historical gem that must not be missed. This fort showcases the grandeur of the bygone era and offers breathtaking views of the city.
6. Suratkhed Dam: Surrounded by lush greenery, the Suratkhed Dam is a paradise for bird watchers. It is a haven for migratory birds, making it a perfect spot for nature enthusiasts.
7. Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj Sansthan Shegaon: Another important pilgrimage site in Buldhana is the Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj Sansthan in Shegaon. This spiritual center attracts devotees from far and wide and is known for its peaceful atmosphere.
8. Mehfil-e-Kausar: If you are a connoisseur of Sufi music, then a visit to Mehfil-e-Kausar is a must. This cultural center hosts mesmerizing Sufi musical performances and is a treat for the soul.
How to Reach and Tips
Buldhana is well connected by road and can be easily reached by buses or private vehicles. The nearest railway station is Shegaon, which is well connected to major cities in Maharashtra. It is advisable to check the local weather conditions before planning your trip and carry necessary supplies such as sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, and insect repellent.
Accommodation and Food Specialities
There are several decent accommodations available in Buldhana to suit every budget. Some popular options include Hotel Vaishnavi, Hotel Panchsheel, and Hotel Manas. When it comes to food, do not miss trying the local delicacies such as Zunka Bhakar, Pithla Bhakar, and Bhakri.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Buldhana is during the winter season, from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing. Avoid visiting during the monsoon season as heavy rainfall can disrupt your travel plans.
Language and Communication Tips
The primary language spoken in Buldhana is Marathi, but Hindi and English are also understood by most locals. It is always helpful to learn a few basic phrases in Marathi to communicate with the locals and show respect for their culture.
Cultural Customs and Etiquette Guidance
When visiting temples or religious sites, it is important to dress modestly and remove your shoes before entering. It is also customary to seek permission before taking photographs of people or religious ceremonies. Respect the local customs and traditions to have a memorable experience.
Must-Visit Destinations and Attractions Nearby
If you have more time to explore the surroundings of Buldhana, there are a few must-visit destinations nearby. Some of them include:
1. Aurangabad: Known for its historical monuments like the Ajanta and Ellora Caves, Aurangabad is a popular tourist destination located just a few hours away from Buldhana.
2. Washim: Located in close proximity to Buldhana, Washim is famous for its ancient forts and pristine lakes.
3. Malkapur: This small town is renowned for its ancient temples and is a perfect place to experience spirituality and tranquility.
4. Akola: Another neighboring town worth visiting, Akola is known for its historical significance and architectural marvels.
5. Amravati: Located at a short distance from Buldhana, Amravati is known for its wildlife sanctuary and ancient temples.
Food and Dining Recommendations
Buldhana offers a variety of culinary delights that will tantalize your taste buds. Some must-try dishes include:
– Zunka Bhakar: A traditional Maharashtrian dish made with gram flour and spices, served with Bhakri (sorghum flatbread).
– Pithla Bhakar: Another popular dish, Pithla is a spicy chickpea flour curry that is served with Bhakri.
– Bhakri: A staple in Maharashtra, Bhakri is a thick flatbread made from sorghum flour. It is usually eaten with curries or chutneys.
– Sabudana Khichdi: A popular fasting food, Sabudana Khichdi is made with tapioca pearls, peanuts, and spices.
Safety Precautions and Emergency Measures
While Buldhana is generally a safe destination, it is always advisable to take necessary precautions. Some safety tips include:
– Stay aware of your surroundings, especially in crowded areas.
– Keep your belongings secure and avoid carrying large sums of cash.
– Follow all safety guidelines provided by local authorities and adhere to traffic rules.
– In case of emergencies, contact the nearest police station or dial emergency helpline numbers.
Visitors who have explored Buldhana have left rave reviews about the attractions and experiences. They have praised the scenic beauty of Lonar Crater and the spiritual ambiance at the Shri Gajanan Maharaj Temple. Tourists also highly recommend visiting the Khultabad Fort for its historical significance and stunning architecture.
Packing and Travel Essentials
Here are some essential items to pack when visiting Buldhana:
– Comfortable clothing and walking shoes
– Sunscreen and sunglasses
– Insect repellent
– Basic medications and a first aid kit
– Travel adapters and chargers
– Valid identification documents
Buldhana, with its hidden gems and unique attractions, is a destination waiting to be explored. From historical forts to serene lakes, this offbeat town has something for every traveler. Discover the charm of Buldhana in 2023 and create memories that will last a lifetime.
People are also searching for
– Top tourist places in Buldhana
– Things to do in Buldhana
– Buldhana tourist attractions
– Best time to visit Buldhana
– Buldhana travel guide