India is known for its vibrant culture and delicious cuisine. If you’re in Bangkok and craving some authentic Indian food, you’re in luck! There are plenty of SEO-friendly Indian restaurants in the city that offer a wide range of delectable dishes. From mouthwatering curries to flavorful biryanis, these restaurants have it all. In this article, we’ll uncover the top 20 SEO-friendly Indian restaurants in Bangkok, so you can satisfy your craving for Indian cuisine.
About the restaurants
1. Bombay Blues: Located in the heart of Bangkok, Bombay Blues is known for its flavorful curries and tandoori dishes. Don’t forget to try their butter chicken and garlic naan.
2. Indus: Indus offers a fine dining experience with a view of the Chao Phraya River. Their menu features traditional Indian dishes with a modern twist. Try their tandoori prawns and lamb biryani.
3. Rang Mahal: This award-winning restaurant is famous for its authentic North Indian cuisine. Their butter chicken and paneer tikka are not to be missed.
4. Maya: Maya offers a contemporary atmosphere with a stunning rooftop view. Their menu highlights traditional Indian flavors with a fusion twist. Don’t miss their Rogan Josh and garlic naan.
5. Gaggan: Known for its innovative approach to Indian cuisine, Gaggan is a must-visit for food enthusiasts. The tasting menu combines traditional flavors with modern techniques.
6. Charcoal Tandoor Grill & Mixology: This restaurant offers a wide range of tandoori dishes and signature cocktails. Try their chicken tikka and mango lassi.
7. Bawarchi: Bawarchi is a popular spot for authentic Indian street food. From pav bhaji to chicken biryani, their menu will transport you to the streets of India.
8. Rangoli: Rangoli offers a diverse menu with dishes from various regions of India. Their vegetarian thalis and kebabs are highly recommended.
9. Punjab Grill: Punjab Grill is known for its premium quality ingredients and traditional Punjabi flavors. Their dal makhani and butter naan are a must-try.
10. Dosa King: True to its name, Dosa King serves up a variety of delicious dosas. From plain dosas to masala dosas, you’ll find all your favorites here.
11. The Great Kabab Factory: This restaurant specializes in kababs and offers a wide array of flavors and varieties. Don’t miss their galouti kabab and seekh kabab.
12. Thali & Co: Thali & Co offers an authentic Indian thali experience. Their thalis come with a variety of dishes including curries, dal, rice, and bread.
13. Tandoor: Tandoor is a popular choice for North Indian cuisine. Their menu features a range of kebabs, curries, and bread. Try their chicken tikka masala and garlic naan.
14. Punjab Sweets: As the name suggests, Punjab Sweets is known for its delectable Indian sweets. From gulab jamun to jalebi, satisfy your sweet tooth here.
15. D’ARK: D’ARK is an Indian-European fusion restaurant that offers unique dishes with a twist. Their butter chicken lasagna and chicken tikka pizza are a must-try.
16. Bann Phra Arthit: Bann Phra Arthit is a hidden gem that offers authentic South Indian cuisine. Don’t miss their dosas and idlis.
17. Baan Sabai: Baan Sabai offers a cozy atmosphere and a menu filled with classic Indian dishes. Try their chicken tikka masala and cheese naan.
18. Himali Cha Cha & Sons: Himali Cha Cha & Sons is a popular spot for Nepali and Indian cuisine. Their momos and chicken tikka are highly recommended.
19. Bombay Kitchen: Bombay Kitchen offers a mix of Indian and Thai flavors. Their menu includes dishes like chicken tikka with Thai basil and masala papaya salad.
20. The Great Kebab Factory: The Great Kebab Factory specializes in kebabs and offers a variety of flavors and preparations. Don’t miss their galouti kebab and tandoori prawns.
How to reach there and things to be taken care
To reach these Indian restaurants in Bangkok, you can take a taxi or use public transportation. Make sure to check the opening hours of the restaurants as some may have different timings. Additionally, it’s advisable to make a reservation beforehand, especially during peak hours.
Where to stay and food specialities nearby
There are several hotels and accommodations near these Indian restaurants in Bangkok. Some options include The Peninsula Bangkok, Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok, and Mandarin Oriental Bangkok. These luxurious hotels provide easy access to the best Indian restaurants in the city. Additionally, you can explore nearby street food markets and try local Thai specialties.
Best time to visit
Bangkok is a year-round destination, but the best time to visit is during the cooler months from November to February. The weather is pleasant with lower humidity, making it ideal for exploring the city and enjoying outdoor dining experiences.
Language And Communication Tips
While English is widely spoken in Bangkok, learning a few basic Thai phrases can be helpful. Locals appreciate the effort and it can enhance your dining experience at these Indian restaurants. Here are a few useful phrases:
– Hello: Sawasdee khrap/kha
– Thank you: Khop khun khrap/kha
– Can I have the menu, please?: Kor ao men-yu dai mai khrap/kha?
– Do you have vegetarian options?: Mii aahaan jae mai khrap/kha?
Cultural Customs And Etiquette Guidance
It’s important to respect the local customs and etiquette when visiting these Indian restaurants in Bangkok. Here are a few tips:
– Remove your shoes before entering the restaurant if required.
– Dress modestly and avoid revealing clothing.
– It is customary to eat with your right hand in Indian tradition. However, utensils are also provided.
– Do not point your feet towards anyone, as it is considered disrespectful in Indian culture.
Must-Visit Destinations And Attractions Nearby
While in Bangkok, there are several must-visit destinations and attractions nearby these Indian restaurants. Here are a few recommendations:
– The Grand Palace: Visit the magnificent Grand Palace, which is a historic landmark of Bangkok and home to the famous Emerald Buddha.
– Wat Arun: Explore the stunning Wat Arun, also known as the Temple of Dawn, located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River.
– Chatuchak Weekend Market: Experience the bustling atmosphere of Chatuchak Weekend Market, where you can shop for souvenirs, clothing, and local handicrafts.
– Wat Pho: Visit Wat Pho, a temple known for its giant reclining Buddha statue and traditional Thai massage school.
– Jim Thompson House: Discover the fascinating story of Jim Thompson and explore his beautifully preserved traditional Thai house.
Food And Dining Recommendations
In addition to the Indian restaurants mentioned, Bangkok offers a diverse range of culinary experiences. Don’t miss trying these food specialties:
– Pad Thai: Taste the iconic Thai dish of stir-fried noodles with shrimp, tofu, and peanuts.
– Tom Yum Goong: Indulge in the spicy and sour flavors of this famous Thai soup, made with shrimp, lemongrass, and lime.
– Mango Sticky Rice: Satisfy your sweet tooth with this popular Thai dessert made with ripe mangoes, sticky rice, and coconut milk.
– Som Tum: Try this refreshing papaya salad, which combines shredded green papaya, chili, lime, and peanuts.
– Thai Curry: Experience the rich and aromatic flavors of Thai curries such as green curry, red curry, and massaman curry.
Safety Precautions And Emergency Measures
While Bangkok is a generally safe city, it’s important to take some precautions while exploring the city and dining at these Indian restaurants. Here are some safety tips:
– Be cautious of your personal belongings, especially in crowded areas.
– Drink bottled or filtered water to avoid water-borne illnesses.
– Follow traffic rules and be careful when crossing the road.
– In case of any emergency, dial the national emergency number 1669.
Experiences summary from other travelers
According to reviews from other travelers, these Indian restaurants in Bangkok offer exceptional food and dining experiences. Some reviewers highlighted:
– The warm hospitality and attentive service of the staff.
– The authentic flavors and spices used in the dishes.
– The beautiful ambiance and stunning views at certain restaurants.
– The extensive menu options, catering to different dietary preferences.
– The value for money and reasonable prices.
For example, one traveler mentioned that Maya Restaurant not only offered delicious food but also had a breathtaking view of the city skyline. Another traveler praised the diverse menu at Rangoli, which allowed them to try dishes from different regions of India.
Packing and travel essentials
Before visiting these Indian restaurants in Bangkok, make sure to pack the following travel essentials:
– Comfortable footwear for exploring the city.
– Lightweight and breathable clothing suitable for the tropical climate.
– Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
– A travel adapter for your electronic devices.
– A small first aid kit with essential medications.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for authentic Indian cuisine in Bangkok, these top 20 SEO-friendly Indian restaurants are your best bet. With a variety of flavors and specialties, these restaurants offer an unforgettable dining experience. From the popular Bombay Blues to the innovative Gaggan, each restaurant has its own unique offerings. Remember to check the opening hours, make a reservation, and enjoy the culinary delights of Indian cuisine in the vibrant city of Bangkok.
People are also searching for
– Indian restaurants near me in Bangkok
– Best Indian street food in Bangkok
– Vegetarian Indian restaurants in Bangkok
– Indian fine dining in Bangkok
– Indian buffet in Bangkok